The New Member Scholarship
The ALD & PES New Member Scholarship Award is a scholarship which any new UMCP ALD & PES Honor Society member (Current Semester) can apply for who meets the following criteria:
- UMCP currently registered student in good judicial standing.
- Have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Exhibits achievement in scholastics.
- Demonstrates campus and community involvement.
- Shows potential for success in chosen field.
In order to apply, you must submit:
- Complete application downloaded below.
- Brief statement of your involvement in the campus community.
- Brief statement of any community service you have completed.
- Brief statement of any work experience you have.
- An unofficial transcript in the envelope containing your application.
- An essay (no more than 250 words).
- One letter of recommendation in a sealed and signed envelope from a UM faculty/staff/graduate assistant.
In order for applications to be accepted, all the above documents must be submitted in a single envelope to 2117 Clarence M. Mitchell Jr. Building. This scholarship application must be submitted along with your membership application
Electronic submission is also available here.