The Helen E. Clarke Scholarship Award
The Helen E. Clarke Scholarship for juniors is offered as a local scholarship through Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma (ALD & PES) Honor Society. Our local chapter is allowed to submit their strongest applications to compete for the National Phi Eta Sigma scholarships based on the recommendations of the Academic Affairs committee. Our local awards vary in monetary amounts.
To apply for the Helen E. Clarke, applicants must fill out a local cover sheet and complete the scholarship applications for the National Phi Eta Sigma Founders Fund scholarship.
The Helen E. Clarke Scholarship Award is a scholarship is offered by the UMCP chapter of Phi Eta Sigma. To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered UMCP junior in good judicial standing.
- Have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Exhibits achievement in scholastics.
- Demonstrates Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma (ALD & PES) Honor Society, campus and community involvement.
There will be several scholarships available in various monetary amounts depending on qualifications of the applicants. In order to apply, students must submit:
- A completed and typed Phi Eta Sigma application (download below).
- A typed essay (no more than 300 words).
- At least two letters of recommendation, but no more than three (one letter should be from a faculty member in your current major or from whom you have taken a course in which you received a grade that counts towards your GPA; letters should be in a sealed and signed envelope).
- An unofficial transcript in the envelope containing your application.
- A 2″x3″ wallet-size photo.